[WSSSPE] Science Gateways Bootcamp, May 14-18, 2018 at TACC -- Now accepting applications!

Sandra Gesing sandra.gesing at nd.edu
Fri Jan 19 14:56:41 PST 2018

Dear all,

this maybe of interest for some of you. The last two bootcamps were very
well received and it's more on sustainability for academic software
projects in general than on science gateways specifically.

Cheers,
Sandra

* Science Gateways Bootcamp

* May 14-18, 2018

* Texas Advanced Computing Center in Austin, Texas, US

* https://sciencegateways.org/engage/bootcamp

Application deadline: March 23, 2018

Are you building or developing a science gateway (portal, virtual research
environment, digital interface)? If so, the Science Gateways Bootcamp could
be for you.

Science Gateways Bootcamp: Strategies for Developing, Operating, and
Sustaining Your Gateway is a week-long workshop for leaders of gateways who
want to further develop and scale their work. Participants engage in hands-on
activities to help them articulate the value of their work to key
stakeholders and to create a strong development, operations, and
sustainability plan. The Bootcamp includes:

   -

   Core business strategy skills
   -

   Technology best practices
   -

   Long-term sustainability strategies

By the end of the Bootcamp, participants will have developed a working
hypothesis of their sustainability strategy and identified the key action
steps to get there.

There is *no cost* to participate in the Bootcamp.

The next Bootcamp will take place May 14-18, 2018 at the Texas Advanced
Computing Center in Austin, Texas. Applications will be accepted through March
23, 2018. Learn more and apply now: http://sciencegateways.org/bootcamp

“Before coming to the SGCI Bootcamp, I only had a limited perspective on
our gateway from the host institution stakeholder point of view. Taking the
time to be fully present during the Bootcamp to work with my teammate on
our project opened my eyes to the real impact our gateway could have, the
broader impact we can make in our community, and the opportunities and
actions that are low hanging fruit to tackle in the next three months.”

Erin Robinson

Executive Director
ESIP Data Management Training <http://www.esipfed.org/>

This opportunity is offered by the Science Gateways Community Institute.
Learn more about SGCI at https://sciencegateways.org. Questions? Please
email help at sciencegateways.org.

Sandra Gesing
Research Assistant Professor, Department of Computer Science and Engineering
Computational Scientist, Center for Research Computing
University of Notre Dame
http://www3.nd.edu/~sgesing