[WSSSPE] WSSSPE4

ilian.todorov at stfc.ac.uk ilian.todorov at stfc.ac.uk
Wed Feb 17 13:01:53 PST 2016

Hi Dan,

Having WSSSPE4 in the fall is a good idea.

I like the best practices demo idea.  At least my project, DL_POLY, in my group is having a good stab at this (continuous integration and testing, cross OS building system, code coverage, etc.) and we can present.

Having other demos, non-HPC and non-Computational Chemistry, will be fun to have too.  Best practices exists but how they are improved and applied are interesting questions to be answered.  Whether these are followed and whether a research software engineer has the time, resources and infrastructure at their disposal to follow is a different matter.

Regards,

Ilian

Dr. Ilian T. Todorov, A45                  Tel: (+44) 0 1925 60 3681

Leader, Computational Chemistry Group      Mob: (+44) 0 7799 75 2297

                                           Fax: (+44) 0 1925 60 3634

SC Department, STFC - Daresbury Laboratory

Sci-Tech Daresbury, Keckwick Lane, Daresbury

Warrington WA4 4AD, Cheshire, United Kingdom

DL_POLY Molecular Simulation Package: http://www.ccp5.ac.uk/DL_POLY/