[WSSSPE] deRSE19 - Call for Contributions - 1st RSE conference in Germany

Stephan Druskat stephan.druskat at hu-berlin.de
Mon Dec 17 00:34:58 PST 2018

Dear all,

Time has come: deRSE19, the first international conference for research
software and Research Software Engineering in Germany, is calling for
contributions!

https://www.de-rse.org/en/conf2019/call.html

For the first time, deRSE19 will bring together Research Software
Engineers in Germany, i.e., all those involved with the development and
maintenance of research software.

The conference will take place from 4-6 June 2019, in the Albert
Einstein Science Park, Potsdam.

We are very happy to announce our first keynote speaker: Alys Brett, who
is Joint Chair of the UK Research Software Engineers Association and
Head of the Software Engineering Group at the UK Atomic Energy Authority.

We are looking forward to contributions representing the wide variety of
Research Software Engineering and its protagonists in Germany, across
disciplines, geographic locations, genders, and backgrounds. We strongly
encourage submissions from under-represented groups, early career
researchers, and students, and generally all those who usually don't
write papers or will speak at a conference for the first time!

We are looking forward to your submission!
Submission open on 20 December 2018.

Kindest regards from the deRSE19 Programme Committee