[WSSSPE] Second Software Sustainability Institute Workshop in Chicago, IL (October 23-24, 2018)

Sandra Gesing sandra.gesing at nd.edu
Mon Aug 27 14:45:28 PDT 2018

*Dear all,We are excited to announce the second workshop in the URSSI
<http://urssi.us> (US Research Software Sustainability Institute)
conceptualization, which will take place October 23 and 24 in Chicago, IL
<https://illinicenter.illinois.edu/>. Similar to our first workshop in
Berkeley <http://urssi.us/workshops/berkeley/>, the event will be mostly
participant driven. In addition to a few keynotes and lightning talks, the
agenda will mostly be open discussions around topics suggested by
participants prior to and during the meeting.We welcome participation from
anyone interested in issues and challenges facing research software
sustainability. Our goal is to host up to 90 participants, a size that will
allow for dynamic discussions in small breakout groups. If you are keen to
participate or have suggestions for us, please fill out our form
<http://urssi.us/suggest/> as soon as possible. We will strive to
accommodate as many participants as possible. We also have limited travel
support for the meeting and ask that you contact us before September 17th
if you require support. We will notify everyone by September 21st.*

*Anyone interested in research software sustainability who would like to
see specific topics covered in a community-driven discussion can suggest
them
<https://discuss.urssi.us/t/suggestions-for-topics-for-working-groups-at-the-second-workshop-in-chicago-october-23-24-2018/71>in
our discussion forum
<https://discuss.urssi.us/t/suggestions-for-topics-for-working-groups-at-the-second-workshop-in-chicago-october-23-24-2018/71>.
Participants will be able to select the session topics they would like to
discuss.*

Thanks,
Sandra Gesing
Sandra Gesing
Research Assistant Professor, Department of Computer Science and Engineering
Computational Scientist, Center for Research Computing
University of Notre Dame
http://www3.nd.edu/~sgesing