[WSSSPE] Research Computing Stack Exchange experiment
cnh at mit.edu
Wed Nov 22 08:47:46 PST 2017
I am part of an experiment to see if a "research computing" stackexchange forum
could be useful and viable.
We have a pilot project at
that is the first step (of many) to this becoming a bona fide
if it can. A colleague suggested this list might be a forum that
would have some
interest in participating?
The whole process is quite involved but to get started and see if it
is useful we are
looking for people who might be willing to
1. sign up (see link above)
2. post some example questions (these help the so-called definition phase to
scope the forum)
3. vote for some questions that are good exemplars for the proposed forum
4. suggest edits to questions.
5. pass an invite on to other colleagues/forums that you think may
have an interest.
6. stay involved, make suggestions etc...
To move to next stage we need 40 questions with 10 votes. So voting for things
that already have 10 votes while good for self-expression makes it harder to
get to the next stage.
Thats all. Happy Thanksgiving to US folks, and hope this post is of interest.
Chris Hill, MIT
More information about the WSSSPE