[WSSSPE] CfP: 2nd GInSEng 2016: Green IN Software Engineering, 29th August 2016

Colin Venters C.Venters at hud.ac.uk
Thu Jun 2 09:25:39 PDT 2016

We would like to invite you to participate the 2nd Green in Software Engineering Workshop (GInSEng 2016).

To be held at Amsterdam, The Netherlands co-located with 4th International Conference on on ICT for Sustainability (ICT4S)

2nd GInSEng 2016 workshop: Converging Research and Practical Green IN Software Engineering

Are you a software researcher worried about the environment and you don’t know if your work is focused and useful?

Are you a software researcher worried about the environment and you think that industry is not interested on Green IN Software Engineering?

Are you a software industry practitioner and you think that research results are not useful nor applicable?

Are you a software industry practitioner and, although you would like, you don’t know how to produce green software in a green manner?

If your response to any of the questions above was ‘yes’, then come to our GINSENG workshop (to be held in Amsterdam as part of the ICT4S conference) where we will give voice to every point of view. We pretend that research and industry interests converge in order to obtain the maximum benefit for both communities and, what is more important, for the environment. We need to act and we must to do it now!!

You are invited to send your proposal to our Green in Software Engineering (GInSEng) workshop. Your contribution could be:

* A paper (up to 6 pages) explaining your ideas or results (preliminary ideas or non-expected results are also welcomed)
* A poster (up to 2 pages) with an idea that is been on your mind and that you want to share and discuss with others

The workshop will be divided in two parts:

* during the first part all the accepted contributions would be presented during 10 minutes. Each of them would finish with a question for the audience
* the second part will be a debate where questions raised by the presenters will be answered. Also during the second part it would be possible to discuss ideas, opinions and concerns trying to achieve researchers and practitioners interests convergence

As in the last edition we must work to ensure that the themes related to the environment are part of our work as software engineers as happens on other ICT areas.  Moreover, this must happen assuring that research is aligned with industry and industry relies on research.

If you have an idea or you are curious, if you actively participate in protecting, or are concerned about the environment, or if you are simply a software engineer who is aware of environmental issues, then we await your contribution.

Important dates, to be added in your agenda, are:

* Contribution deadline: 01/07/2016
* Contribution acceptance notification: 19/07/2016
* Camera-ready deadline: 26/07/2016

All details and information about the workshop and submissions can be found at:  http://alarcos.esi.uclm.es/ginseng2016, while any queries can be sent to Ignacio.Garcia at uclm.es<mailto:Ignacio.Garcia at uclm.es> or to MariaAngeles.Moraga at uclm.es<mailto:MariaAngeles.Moraga at uclm.es>

We look forward to hearing from you!!

The GinSEeng workshop organisers
--

University of Huddersfield inspiring tomorrow's professionals.
[http://marketing.hud.ac.uk/_HOSTED/EmailSig2014/EmailSigFooter.jpg]